Working with Operators, ISC’s and Rig Owners, Pinnacle have been structurally designing interfaces for jack-up barge campaigns since November 2011, working within the Southern North Sea, UK and NL waters and the Irish Sea.
As well as the structural assessment of the interfaces and associated checks on the existing platform structure, we also carry out all of the initial layout checks and coordination giving input from rig position planning through to construction.
Where required, Pinnacle has carried out pre-interface structural inspections of platforms in order to confirm ‘as built’ data against the condition, dimensions and arrangement on station.
Our output typically includes:
- Full annotated construction drawings for every project showing bridge and grillage landing positions
- Tie down details and any pre-works required in order to minimise the time scale for the installation of the bridges and;
- The temporary linking of the fixed installations with the jack-up barges.
We always prepare a full structural engineering calculation report to UK, European or International Standards as well as fully detailed method statements for construction and deconstruction of the interface.
Our engineering team provides:
- Highly qualified and experienced structural engineers
- Feasibility studies and initial rig positioning input
- Method Statements
- Assistance with the production of Lifting Plans
- CAD detailing
We continually strive to maintain our blend of total professionalism and ultimate flexibility to accommodate the inevitable changes of a realistic and volatile vessel sequence plan. Understanding the requirements of stakeholders throughout the design process Pinnacle ensure that the proposed interface solution is tabled early in the programme and that any project specific requirements are included within the finalised design solution.
Experience and expertise
Our Engineering team have extensive interface experience particularly within the Southern North Sea sector working with key operators such as Shell and NAM. We have qualified structural engineers experienced and appropriately certified for offshore working so we can respond quickly where needed to inspect, survey or attend sites and work areas.