During periodic flooding events, the public and politician’s awareness is heightened to the consequences of flooding to homes, businesses and essential infrastructure.
The importance of an infrastructure with good drainage systems
With the implementation of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, the issue of compliance with good Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) will come to the forefront of Clients and planning Authorities through the LLFA’s (Local Lead Flood Authorities). As a result, the implementation of appropriate drainage systems will become even more of a key aspect of development.
Our specialist SuDS experience
Pinnacle has a group of specialist Engineers with considerable experience in the design of efficient fully compliant SuDS schemes. Past projects have ranged from large scale commercial and residential schemes to advice for individual home owners.
Our service offer covers the whole life of a project, from concept through to detailed design for construction:
- Scheme concept and master planning advice, including advice on the incorporation of (SuDS) into developments
- Securing agreements with local authorities and statutory bodies
- Support for Planning Applications, including FRA’s
- Assessments and drainage strategy reports
- Detailed design to Building Regulations Part H, Sewers for Adoption and CIRIA guidance
- Designs to achieve relevant elements of BREEAM and Building regulations.
- Provision of fully BIM compliant drainage models, where appropriate
Our Engineers organise and advise on drainage surveys and alterations to existing drainage and sewer networks. Pinnacle has also worked extensively with water authorities throughout the country to secure cost-effective diversions or build over agreements of existing sewer systems to open up development potential.