BIM is becoming popular amongst our clients as it continues to demonstrate significant improvement in cost control and the delivery of well-coordinated and thought through building projects. Pinnacle’s expertise in BIM allows you to be at the forefront of this technology.
We have been observing progress of the Government Construction Strategy and information from the BIM Task Group to ensure its own BIM strategic plans are aligned with achieving level 2 delivery by 2016.
Pinnacle has been involved in numerous BIM projects enabling our design teams to become proficient in delivering 3D models contributing to an overall project delivery plan.
We work closely with our clients and the design team to develop an approach that considers all aspects of BIM. Pinnacle understand the many benefits derived from developing the project utilising a 3D model including simulations, managing key design constraints and design team coordination. The model can be interrogated at key project stages to gain an accurate understanding of material volumes and impact of scheme changes.
Our software capability stretches to Tekla Structures, Autodesk Revit and 3D Civils with our technicians used to working in a virtual environment for project delivery, they also have experience sharing digital files within a common data environment.
BIM provides projects with:
- Cost savings as a result of tender confidence
- Identifying clashes assisting the design process
- Improved use of internal space due to better visualisation
- Detailed reporting for input to budget planning
- ‘What if’ analysis – a platform to consider alternative construction techniques
- Clarity of construction sequencing
- An accurate record of the building for operation and maintenance throughout its lifecycle
Pinnacle continues to win Awards including our innovative approach to a bespoke retail store in Sheringham which demonstrated the advantages of utilising BIM technology in a team environment, combining the architectural, mechanical engineers and our own engineering models to enhance co-ordination and improve the efficiencies of the final design.
Utilising BIM technology throughout the design process provided the client with a better understanding of the buildings complexities, giving a greater realisation of the final aesthetics.
- Tekla Global BIM Awards 2013 – “Best Engineering Project” – Please click here to see our TEKLA GLOBAL BIM AWARD 2013
- Construction News Awards 2014 – Shortlisted as a finalist for BIM Initiative of the Year
- Constructing Excellence East of England Awards 2014 – Integration & Collaborative Working
- The Institution of Civil Engineers East of England Merit Award in the Technical Excellence and Innovation category